Customer Owned Small Generator Interconnection Requirements
If you are interested in connecting a small generator – such as a windmill, solar photovoltaic (SPV) project, biodigester or other facility to Wellsboro Electric Company’s distribution system, see the process below.
By completing the appropriate interconnection application, providing the requested information, and satisfying all applicable requirements, you can help to ensure a safe and reliable interconnection project.
- Customer submits a completed Interconnection application w/fee
- A Level 2 >500kW requires a submittal by WECO to the PAPUC for approval
- Customer submits a site layout map
- Customer submits a Single/Three line diagram
- WECO will need to complete a System Study to ensure the generator will not adversely impact existing customers electric service.
- Customer submits Equipment specification sheets
- Completed Net-Metering Rider, Ownership Letter and LOA
- Customer submits an Electrical Inspection prior to WECo approving the project to be energized.
- Customer will schedule an Acceptance test with WECO once the Electrical Inspection has been completed and prior to energizing.
- WECo will require 2 weeks notice prior to energizing to complete any internal work to handle net metering.
Fees: The Pennsylvania PUC has approved the following standard application fees for small generator interconnection applications filed with PA EDCs. These fees are non-refundable and must be included with your completed interconnection application.
Level 1 – $100.
Level 2 – $250 plus $1 per kW of the nameplate capacity rating of the customer-generator’s facility, plus the cost of any minor modifications to the electric distribution company’s distribution system or additional review if required.
Level 3 – $350 plus $2 per kW of the nameplate capacity rating of the customer-generator’s facility, plus the cost of any feasibility studies, system impact studies or facilities studies required.
Level 4 – Please contact Wellsboro Electric for additional information if submitting a Level 4 application.
If you have any questions, contact us at (570) 724-3516 Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For additional information regarding customer-owned small generator interconnection, please see Wellsboro Electric Company’s Tariff – Rider D – Net Metering Rider (page 51).
Please complete the appropriate application/forms and mail it to:
Wellsboro Electric Company
Attn: Engineering Dept.
PO Box 138
Wellsboro, PA 16901
Download required forms:
Level 1 based on 10 kW or smaller
Level 2,3,4 >10 kW to 10,000 kW