|Originally named Wellsborough Electric Company, Wellsboro Electric (WECo) was incorporated on April 11, 1894. The original board consisted of five businessmen from the local community.|
At the time of incorporation, Wellsboro Electric was granted the right to be the sole supplier of electricity to the residents of the Borough of Wellsboro. As the demand for electricity grew, the grant was extended to include Middlebury, Delmar and Charlestown Townships.
Wellsboro Electric generated its own electricity until the early 1960s. Increasing fuel and maintenance costs led WECo to cease generation operations. Since then all power requirements have been filled through wholesale power contracts.
Us - Who We Are
Board of Directors